Apple Muffins: Ingredients
- 8 tablespoons (113g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (99g) monk sweetener
- 3/4 cup (159g) brown sugar, divided or monk brown sugar sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (227g) buttermilk or plain (not Greek-style) yogurt; or 3/4 cup (170g) Greek-style
yogurt + 1/4 cup (57g) milk
- 2.5 cup Stodkie GF flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 large (213g) peeled, cored, chopped apples
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with papers and
grease the insides of the papers.
- Mix together the butter, granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, beating until
- Add the egg and mix well, stopping once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Gently mix in the buttermilk or yogurt.
- Stir in the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, sprinkling the remaining 1/2
cup brown sugar on top.
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a
muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, cool them for 5 minutes in the pan, then turn them
out onto a rack to finish cooling completely.