- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 1/2 cups stodkie GF flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 egg
- 5 medium sized apples
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons water
- Peel apples and dice into small pieces. Place the diced apples in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg over the apples.
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten free flour, baking powder, sugar, and
dash salt. Whisk to blend.
- Cut the cold butter into chunks and add to the dry ingredients.
- Use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour. There is a photo in the
post to show you what this crust mixture will look like.
- In a small bowl, scramble the egg with the water. Add to the crust
- Take a greased 8×8 baking pan and pour 2/3 of the crust mixture into the
pan. Use your fingers or a large spoon to press the mixture flat to cover the
- Pour the apple mixture over the bottom crust.
- Add the remaining crust mixture to the top and spread out lightly to keep
the crumbled shape.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until done.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce
- If you would like this recipe to be dairy-free, use vegan butter.