- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time40 min
- Yield24 Muffins
- 2 Cups – STODKIE Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar + 2 tbl for topping
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter – softened
Mix in ideas
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 add tbl chopped crystallized ginger or zest from one lemons
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 chopped apple (add 1/2 tsp cinnamon to flour mixture also)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup add peanut butter to wet ingredients
- top each muffin with your favorite jam and swirl into batter – then sprinkle w/ sugar
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries w/ zest from one orange
- 3/4 cup drained & chopped canned pineapple
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease your muffins tins – this recipe makes 12 medium or 6 large muffins
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
Note: if you are using salted butter, omit the salt in the flour mixture.
In a separate bowl whisk 1 cup sugar and eggs until light yellow in color and ribbony in texture.
Whisk in butter until mixture is smooth and thick
Whisk in milk
Combine dry and wet ingredients – do not over mix – lumps are ok!
Add mix in ingredients (see “mix in ideas” list)
Divide batter evenly between muffin cups – sprinkle sugar over top
Bake for 25 minutes.
To keep the muffins from sinking turn off the oven and open the door and let the muffins cool with the room temperature.
Allow to cool a few minutes before removing from the tins.